of Professional Pet
Locally and Independently
Owned and Operated
Certified, Bonded, Insured
Meet The Owners
Lisa Keaffaber is a member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS), the only national non-profit organization for the professional pet sitter. NAPPS members are required to sign a pledge of professional conduct, which holds them to the highest standards of ethical behavior. Members also have access to an extensive list of resources to help them best serve their clients as well as many continuing eduction opportunities to expand their knowledge of pet care and behaviors.
Lisa has a degree in Equestrian Management from The Ohio State University as well as pet first aid certification by the Red Cross and has years of experience in caring for animals of all types. She believes in and supports the mission of the Toledo Area Humane Society.
Kirk Keaffaber is an architect and earned his degree from The University of Cincinnati. He has grown up showing Shelties and his love for animals has expanded over time.
WE STAND APART FROM THE ORDINARY PET SITTER OR NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!
- Family owned and operated since 2008
- Have served more than 150 families and their pets throughout the area
- Members of The National Association of Professional Pet Sitters
- Accredited member of the Better Business Bureau
- Accredited in pet first aid by the American Red Cross
- Striving to stay on top of the latest advancements in pet care needs through continuing education
- Available on short notice and on holidays
- Dependable and reliable
In-Home Pet Sitting
Whether you are out of town, working long days, or are unable to care for your pets due to an illness or disability, we are here to provide for your extended family members. Your pets can stay in the comfort of their own home, relieving them of the stress and anxiety of kenneling. We can customize a care plan specifically to your pets' needs and make multiple visits daily. The Pet Nanny understands that every situation and pet is different. That's why you'll recieve a free in-home consultation. From there, a care plan will be developed based on your specific needs. We care for pets of all kinds, including large, medium and small breeds of dogs and puppies, cats and kittens, birds, fish, rabbits and other small caged animals.
- Dog Walking/Play Sessions - Does your dog need to burn off some excess energy while you are at work or recovering from an illness? The Pet Nanny is now offering 20-30 minute dog walks and/or play sessions.
- Puppy Care - Puppies need special attention during that critical house training phase and need to be let out every 3-4 hours. We can help with house training by letting them out 1 or 2 times while you are working and use positive reinforcement to create a happy learning environment!
- Medications for Your Pets - We have extensive experience at administering medications of all kinds, including daily pills or liquids, insulin injections, subcutaneous fluids for kidney problems, and medicated baths. This allows you the freedom to leave home without any worries.
- Pet Transportation - Are you finding it difficult to get your pet to the groomer or the vet because of limited hours? The Pet Nanny can take them!
What people are saying about
Pet Nanny of Northwest Ohio....
"My husband and I are avid travelers - sometimes
it seems like we're away more than we're home. We used to worry constantly about our pets'
happiness while we were gone. Not anymore - the Pet Nanny of Northwest Ohio has put all of our
concerns to rest. And we know that our house is in good hands as well!"
"We used to drive an hour each way to board our
dogs when we'd leave town - and then immediately
bathe them when they returned from the kennel. Who wants to do that after coming home? The Pet
Nanny of Northwest Ohio has saved us time and money. And our dogs and fish couldn't be happier."
"I don't have children - unless you count my dog.
She's extremely spoiled and gets a home-cooked meal every other night. Traveling was often out of
the question - until now. My dog is thrilled when
The Pet Nanny of Northwest Ohio shows up at my door. She doesn't miss me a bit!"
"Sometimes my job requires me to be away for more
than twelve hours at a time - and I always felt guilty
for leaving my dog alone that long. Having the Pet
Nanny of Northwest Ohio stop in for a walk and break makes my day go smoother - and I know my
dog appreciates it too!"
So take off - without worry. Because with the Pet Nanny of Northwest Ohio, you can rest assured that your pets will receive loving care while you're not there. Book today!
Client references are available. Please call or email for more information.